The Southampton Regional Pool League
Current Season: Summer 2015 - Running April 14th 2015 to 23rd July 2015
Next Season: Winter 2015/16 - Running September 1st 2015 to 24th March 2016
For the very latest news and information check out the latest posts on the Facebook group and join our mailing list to the right.
Posted: April 30th 2015, 4.30pm
Head over to the downloads page and give your PC or smartphone a pool-themed desktop wallpaper!
Stay tuned for more designs to follow in the next few weeks!
Facebook Blackball Singles Tournament
Fixtures now live!
Posted: April 25th 2015, 9.30pm
All matches best of 11 frames, to be played at the venue of choice of the home player.
Deadline for the 1st round is 23rd May.
All contact to be made via the Facebook group. There is a separate post for each match for players to use to arrange things without bombarding everyone else with notifications.
Any questions then please contact Steve Farrow.
Posted: April 9th 2015, 5.00pm
This season is a zero-risk opportunity for ALL teams to experience Blackball rules.
The SRPL Committee insist that all matches are played in a true sportsmanlike manner which includes making allowances for those less familiar with the rules.
If your opponents ask a question, please help them or take the time to confirm the answer. All teams have a copy of the WPBA Blackball Rules in their pack.
For the 1st few matches, "Can I do this?" is ok. "What should I do here?" isn't.
Together we can bring up the standard of pool in Southampton!
Good luck to all players and above all, enjoy!
Summer Championship 2015:
Starts Tuesday 14th April!
Posted: April 6th 2015, 8.00pm
The Summer 2015 Championship starts on Tuesday 14th April so there's only one week left to organise a friendly, or a demonstration of the Blackball rules being used this season.
We had a great turn out for our demo night but we still have availability to come to your venue and show your team the rules directly. Contact us for more information!
Demonstration Evening - this week!
Posted: March 29th 2015, 7.30pm
Summer Championship 2015:
Fixtures now live!
Posted: March 29th 2015, 7.00pm
Only 2 weeks until the Summer Championship 2015 starts!
Fixture Packs willl delivered in the coming weeks to your venue.
Summer Championship 2015: are you in?
Last updated: March 21st 2015, 6.30pm
If you don't see your team here, you're not registered to play yet!
1) Brass Monkey (8)
1) Master Builder (8)
!!! ---- CLOSED --- !!!
!!! ---- CLOSED --- !!!
Number in brackets indicates number of players registered for that team.
Summer Season Championship 2015!
Posted: January 28th 2015, 10.30pm
Running 14th April - 23rd July
• New match format – 9 singles frames. A minimum of 3 players & maximum of 9 per team!
• Group stages leading into Knockout Rounds [like the World Cup or Champions League]
• Maximum of 48 teams in each league day
• Random draw taking you to new venues to play new players
• No seedings for Premier teams
• All teams play a minimum of 10 matches in the 15 week season - subject to entries
• Promotion/Relegation runs between Winter Seasons making the Summer Season 100% risk free!
In the Winter Season, the Premier Division champions are normally viewed as the champions of the whole league. In this new format any team can progress from their group and then win the KO stages to become the 2015 Summer Season Champion!
Take the Plunge!
We want to use this self-contained league where there is no threat to your Winter Season position, to get all teams to try out the BlackBall rules. This was a unanimous vote of all committee members at the recent meeting.
These rules have now been adopted by the UK's professional pool players and are arguably the way that the game is going. The committee are keen to have a recognised national set of rules to remove any grey areas that may currently exist. If you want us to demonstrate these rules at your venue let us know – the committee are here to help!
For the next Winter Season you will again have the choice between BlackBall and Old SRPL rules, the same as for this season.
One more thing...
In order to make this taster of the new rules completely risk free, we are making this season a FREE ENTRY to the first 48 teams that register! So:
• No risk to league position
• No financial risk as entry is free
• The chance to try out Blackball rules
• The chance to go to different venues and meet new opponents
What's not to like about that! Get your entries in early!
Registration Opens - Sunday 1st March and packs will be delivered to your venues in the coming weeks.
• Due to the format, there will be NO rearrangements allowed. If your team cannot play the full season (running from 14th April - 23rd July) please do not enter.
• Player transfers between teams once the season has started are NOT permitted.
• New players can only be signed on at group stage matches.
• Registration is completed when a registration form is signed by the Landlord/Landlady and Captain. All players do not need to sign the form to complete registration. Any players whom play the first match will be considered registered to that team.
• Registration is only possible after 1st March and will close when the league is full, or on Sunday 15th March at 5pm
• The Groups Draw will be broadcast LIVE on Thursday 26th March before the Team Knockout Cup Final.
Signing on New Players
Posted: January 23rd 2015, 6.30pm
As per the SRPL General Rules and as voted in at the Captains' Meeting last season, new players can no longer be signed on to your team from now until the end of the season.
Posted: January 17th 2015, 11.00am
Rule 1 of the SRPL playing rules states "It is intended that players and teams should play 8 Ball Pool in the true spirit of the game and in a sportsmanlike manner."
Deliberately disturbing a player while they are taking their shot in order to gain an advantage is unfair and not sporting behaviour in the committee's opinion and their interpretation of the rules of the game.
Everyone likes the fun and banter at a match, but all players must take great care not to cross the line and go too far.
Therefore, the committee would like to clarify to all players what to do if this type of incident occurs when they are refereeing a game.
The first time in a match [be that frame 1, frame 5, or whenever] that a team or player clearly disturbs the player taking their shot deliberately, then a first and final warning to that person and their entire team shall be given by the referee.
If at any time after that [right up until the end of the final frame] a player is deliberately disturbed again, then a foul shot will be called against the offending team's player(s) and 2 visits awarded.